formats
Published on June 21, 2013, by in News.

Prima Canvas Tote Bag

This is such an amazing item to work with. Not only do you get a blank canvas to work on, but you get to use it afterwards. I’m in my happy place knowing that.

Prima tote bag

 

This is what it looked like before I painted and mixed it up.

Prima Tote Bag

 

Afterwards all dressed up. I began by painting the back, sides and the front with Claudine Hellmuths Purple Palette paint. It is such a lovely paint to use as it is so creamy I knew it would go well on this bag.  I used a combination of both a sponge and standard brush to apply the paint. The front flap was painted with Claudine Hellmuths Black Gesso. Using a Crafter’s Workshop Template Butterfly meadow and using Claudine Hellmuths White Gesso, I applied the template over the black flap. IMG_4738

Not being able to help myself I went over the template with an ink pen in a doodling fashion. This helped to make the silhouette stand out in more detail. Using Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents I went over the white design to not only help seal the pen but it gave it a lovely shine. The fine tip of the bottle made it really easy to apply in this way. Mental note….I did try and apply some crackle accents over the grassed area, but due to the absorption of the canvas it really didn’t give the true effect it should have, but it did add to the shine factor. IMG_4740

I needed a 3rd flower to go with the 2 I had from my Making Memories Florets Metallique…..so using My Tim Holtz Idea-ogoly Tissue Wrap Terminology and the Ice Resin Doming Kit I made up the resin and poured it over the tissue covering enough as to make a set of flowers. Note this took a good 24 hours to cure, but oh so worth the wait. The tissue still had some flexibilty to it (I didnt pour it too thickly) but had the most amazing shiny finish to it. Using my Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Florals   I cut a set of these florals. I inked the edges with Ranger Adirondack Pigment Ink – Pitch Black and then again used an ink pen and added a little doodling. I layered the flower sections together and put an old brad I had in the center. Arranging the 3 flowers together I figured they would need a pretty strong permanent bond so adhered them with E-6000 Glue.

IMG_4745

 

Underneath the front flap I painted in White Gesso the curved edgings.

IMG_4750

 

The Bag was finished. I had a moment thinking maybe I could have done more but I like the simplicity of the items used. Now to wear it. By the way this bag has been designed to fit 12 x 12 papers in it with comfort, so it could be used if going to a friends place for a scrap session, plenty of room.

Thank you for looking at this and maybe you could give it a go, lots of fun.

Shani :-)